Why hire Becca?
for your wedding
Glad you’ve come across my little spot on the internet, welcome.
I'm a girl who believes in the legacy of a photograph.
It's permanent visual proof that you were here and you had a story to be told.
Every day moments are just as special to me as the epic life changing ones like what happen on a wedding day.
For me, wedding images aren't just about a pretty picture, and more about the memories that flood you when looking at that pretty picture. I love working with two people in love, helping carve out time on a fast paced day to sway in each others arms, breath in the smell of the one you love, laugh at the silliness of the moment and revel in it all. I am not just a photographer there to snap some photos, I am a friend there to help you laugh, to give advice, to let you snuggle, to coral your family, to jump in the middle of the dance floor with you while also being able to blend into the background letting moments happen and love be shown.
When I am not photographing weddings, I get the honor to spend time on the next big thing in people's lives, and that is capturing you as your family grows. It's my favorite to walk into a house and get a feel of this families life by the images on their walls, and it's even funner to see when they are images that I have created for them.
If that resonates with you, then I think we should chat.
For those who want to know a bit more about what makes me tick on a personal level:
• I'm a mom and love that role, but couldn't imagine setting aside what I do as a photographer as it fills another part of my soul. I find I am both a better parent and a better photographer when I can spend time doing both.
• My husband Pete is my best friend. We met at 17 and 19, now we are parents in our 30s. It’s been a wild ride and gets more interesting every year.
• I’m a night owl but am forced to be up early because of my kids…..so coffee and I have a close relationship.
• I was born in a hippie commune but my family left the commune shortly after I was born, and I was raised like a normal kid.
• I have a degree in commercial photography, but found the people and the connection in weddings was much more fulfilling than the ad campaigns.
• Socks should never match in pattern, but should always match in length.
• I’m very competitive with card games…. not good at them, just competitive and I will talk sh*t even when losing.
• Solitary trees stop me in my tracks. There is beauty when things survive against the odds.
• I have two kids that believe that head butting is a sign of affection. They haven’t swayed me to their ways yet.
• The first question I have at any bar is if they have Manny’s Beer… and I contemplate not drinking if they don’t.
• I am a watcher by nature, and am usually the quiet one in a large room, but get me in a setting with just a few other people and we can have conversations for days.
• I love that my clients become my friends and I truly feel like my part in their lives helps shape the memories of their lives, so I work my arse off making sure I do my job justice, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.
for your wedding
for your wedding
Wedding planning is no joke. There are so many things to think about and portions to plan. While I don’t claim to be an expert on all things wedding, if I can’t answer a question for you, I can likely point you in the right direction of where you can find that info. If you need a vendor referral, I know tons of amazing vendors in Seattle to help you put on your wedding. After photographing 150+ weddings, I have extensive knowledge of what has worked and what has not come a wedding day, so if you have an idea, feel free to run it by me and I can let you know if I’ve seen it before and how it worked out! You’d be surprised the wealth of knowledge your vendors have at their fingertips!
Your wedding day is not only the first day of this chapter together; it is it’s own story altogether. You start out as a regular couple, then you prep and put on your wedding clothes to signify to everyone the step you are taking in life, all the way through ceremony and your reception. The day should unfold naturally, and not stuffed within a hour increments just so you have the photos you want before your photographer leaves.
I’m there from the moment your dress goes on, until the party is hopping on the dance floor. I leave after all the photo worthy events have happened and about 30 minutes into dancing, or to your grand exit if you have one. When we are capturing your day, my approach is to help you enjoy your day, live the moments and know that they will be there for you to look back whenever you want them. Capturing your laugh, the soft touch on the cheek, and that momentary breath in between the moments. Everything from beautiful portraits, to single tears and rowdy dancing. The entire story is captured to be told in a beautiful heirloom album that you and your eventual children will cherish.
While you know that your wedding day is going to be a crazy ride, you want to enjoy all of it. Of all your vendors, I am who you spend the most time with you on your wedding day. On top of being a photographer, I have 8 years of capturing weddings and anticipating what is going to happen next to help you stay on schedule, know when to hurry, and when you have a moment or two to sip some champagne. And I work great with your planner helping keep the day moving. I help you plan your photography schedule so that there is buffer time, so you can relax, breathe and enjoy this day of all days. I carve out time where you and your fiance can spend focusing on each other, while also creating some amazing portraits to remember those moments in each others embrace.
Clients tell me that I helped put them at ease in front of the camera, helped keep them on track, and made sure they had a great time. That’s why I am a great wedding photographer. I’ll help you keep your schedule while doing all the great things you want to do and have fun doing them.
Any photographer can capture a stunning image of you in beautiful light…. a good photographer knows how to create that light to make a dynamic image no matter what the world has provided.
My training in commercial photography, and my years working in fashion and catalog studios on top of 8 years of weddings has trained me to not only be able to create beautiful light when the circumstances don’t give it to us, but to do it quickly and unobtrusively. Creating dynamic images while you twirl in the twilight.
Another value of working in the fashion industry is years of studying how models move their bodies in relationship to the camera. I know how to pose you to highlight your favorite feature, diminish your least favorite and present you at your best. All making you look comfortable, natural and engaged.
You, as my clients are my main concern, but I respect that your wedding day is a big day for others in your family too. Your mom may have certain photos she’d love to have, as well as your cousin who’s family never gets dressed up. If people want quick portraits during the cocktail hour or reception, I’m happy to create beautiful memories for them as well. This is one of the reasons I bring a second photographer, so we can not only capture the organic moments happening through the day, but the details and the requested photos as well.
And, as the image above shows…. if a young guest needs a little encouragement to smile for the massive family photo that mom and grandma are dying to have… I’m happy to let them help if they need. (Offering to let this little man take a photo after I got mine turned his attitude right around!)